Skip to content
July 10, 2008 / red1s

Problem with Sharepoint Crawl Service – Errors – 7076 – 2424


Started out with a Sharepoint Search issue today (Single Server Farm Installation) – which seemed to have been hardware related due to the event viewer log after I ran a Search Crawl on one of my site collections.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Office SharePoint Server
Event Category:    Office Server Shared Services
Event ID:    7076
Date:        7/10/2008
Time:        2:16:28 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    MYMOSSERVER
Description:
An exception occurred while executing the Application Server Administration job.
Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Techinal Support Details:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

THis led me to believe that it was a hardware error as it’s a brand new Dell Rack server 64Bit.

After a bit of Googling seems Micrososft knows about the issue and there’s a patch for it.

Unfortunately after running the patch and restarting the server – I was presented with another issue after re-running the crawl (what was interesting though and something I only realized now is that the crawling of my other site collections ran perfectly Huh? )

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Windows SharePoint Services 3 Search
Event Category:    Gatherer
Event ID:    2424
Date:        7/9/2008
Time:        2:30:17 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:   
MYMOSSERVER
Description:
The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again.
Context: Application ‘Search’, Catalog ‘index file on the search server Search’

I re-Googled this and came up with the solutions that primarily involved looking at the credentials that your Windows / Office Sharepoint Service is using – basically to make sure that they correlate with each other.

This didn’t work for me either.

After fInally reading that in one of the blogs I had read someone (peter) decided to actually remove their content and re-crawl their site which WORKED!

Here’s the blog that sorted me out:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/obts/archive/2007/01/04/469258.aspx

So after all of that it was a more simple task than anything else.

Hope this POST helps someone out the way it did for me.

Cheers Cool

Original POST with ‘A‘ comment…. Thanx Andre for the comment

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: