Skip to content
April 12, 2012 / red1s

Quick Tip–Resolving Search Core Results Error


If I recently received the following error on a search core result webpart:

The Web application at http://extranet.<yoursite URL>/ could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application.

 

image

 

The webpart functioned fine upon accessing it from the internal site, however when accessing it via the AAM External address I found the site worked along with the other webparts except for the search core results which gave the above error.

After correctly configuring the Alternate access mapping, I managed to resolve the issue. Which was done by removing an incorrectly assigned Alternate Access Mapping and updating it with the correct details.

This can be achieved from Web applications (in Central Admin)

clip_image001

And checking the assignment of your Alternate Access Mapping:

clip_image002

References:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010setup/thread/7fcf5d5a-7931-4b3a-862b-ab49dc70cf89/

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: